1) 2 more shallots
2) A whole white onion
3) turkey/chicken drippings if you have them (but go slowly here)
1) Reduce crimini and shiitake mushrooms to use about 12 mushrooms total
2) Eliminate porcini mushrooms, and therefore
3) No porcini mushroom liquid, which means
4) At least 30-45 minutes of prep time
I'm calling it Make-ahead Mushroom (+Onion) Gravy. It refrigerates and re-heats well. It doesn't look like hardened grease in the fridge and doesn't separate when microwave-reheated.
I had the last of it for lunch (see above) Toasty, flaky croissant with leftover turkey and the last of the new gravy. It was a lovely way to start the afternoon. Click here for the recipe.