We are back one year to the day of another very looong radio silence on blogging. Full disclosure, the awesome and favorite Feeding My Ohana husband has been doing most of the weekday cooking.
This time, it’s been ‘hella’ travel. My birdies will cringe at the use of ‘hella’ if they are reading this. But let’s be honest: that’s a side bonus for why parents do the slang-ey thing.
Spread out, travel wouldn’t be too bad, but mine always seems to come in long stretches. The speed-dating recap for the last ten-ish months goes like this:
This one was especially entertaining. 3 flights and 24 hours. Land at SFO and then go directly to an offsite. And then it was Thanksgiving.
- Vietnam (Hanoi and Phu Quoc Island) for vacation—Vietnamese coffee in Hanoi and Halong Bay.
- Monterey for work—Whale watching is a terrible group activity if your colleagues get seasick.
- Marina/Monterey—Christmas with a full house and a sunshine lunch at Roy’s Spanish Bay.
- Plus, my sister/favorite-est Aunty visited too!
I slept at home for 8 days.
- O’ahu for to lay my beloved Aunty to rest.
- Philadelphia (work)—Independence Hall in 90 minutes and studying the rest of the time (truth)
- Nuremberg (work)—bratwurst, butt-cold weather, my brilliant bilingual cousin and her ohana
Truly awesome times with awesome friends. Best of all, short flights!
- Portland—Salt and Straw, and Blue Star Donuts. Whoa, it’s many shades of gray here.
- San Antonio—Tequila almond croissants. The Alamo is a lot smaller than I thought, and Riverwalk, bigger.
Two and a half weeks out of the house
- O’ahu—taking the birdies to see the ohana
- Las Vegas (work)—Someday I’ll go here for a non-work reason
- Boston (work)—Café Nero several times, Flour miyage, and my New England ohana (miss you!!)
Note on photo at left: Why are there NO PEOPLE sitting out on that fine sunny Boston afternoon? Because it was 40 degrees out and windy. "Feels like 35" Gotta love New England in the "Spring."
Yay no travel in May!
Out for "only" a week in June.
1) Taiwan (work)—a fantastic team, crazy humidity, Din Tai Fung (awesome and pretty reasonable), and shaved snow.
Miscellaneous Day Trips
- 1) Irvine (work) —Good croissants at SJC and catching the Southwest bus
And there is no place like home!