Spicy Thai Basil Chicken with snap peas, orange peppers and jasmine rice. Ad-hoc stir-fry
1) Shopping: Pick up turkey, onions, celery, green onion bread, fresh cranberries, dried cranberries and pecans.
2) Inventory salt, spices, chicken stock, corn syrup, corn meal, flour and Bisquick.
3) Prep Homemade Pork Sausage instead of Jimmy Dean this year for Cornbread Stuffing
4) Cube green onion bread for Portuguese Sausage Stuffing so that it dries out by Wednesday.
Korean Chicken Soup with Kim Chee
1) Check on turkey. Make sure it's well-chilled.
2) Chop and store onions, celery and shrooms for stuffing and gravy.
3) Shopping: Pick up avocadoes, cilantro, jalapenos, red onions, mushrooms (white, crimini, and shiitake), cheese, creme fraiche, vermouth and munchies.
4) Make cornbread. Cube and let it dry out overnight.
5) Don't panic yet.
Leftovers to clear out space in the fridge.
Stay tuned to see how far behind we might be on Wednesday.
Eat Well. Be Well.
1) Brine turkey. We use a hefty bag.
2) Make stuffing 1 and stuffing 2, mushroom/onion gravy, cranberry sauce and pie crust
3) Clean house. Scratch that. Holler at the teenagers to clean the house (and the toilets).
4) Make a last-minute stop at the grocery store, with the full expectation that I'll have to go again on Thursday.